Based in Samara, Russia
Based in Kaliningrad, Russia
INSOMNIA is a complex story-driven RPG that takes place on a colossal space metropolis brimming with the secrets of a long-gone civilization. Develop your character, explore lovingly handcrafted locations, interact with peculiar NPCs and factions, craft equipment and try to stay alive.
- Exploration is rewarding... and dangerous. Search for valuable technology and resources in the confines of Object 6. Pay attention - INSOMNIA's nuanced world can conceal unexpected quests from treacherous characters, as well as savage enemies and deadly hazards. Hunger, thirst, fatigue and hostile environments will be your main companions throughout this journey.
- Personalized journey. Break free from character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible perk system combined with a huge amount of craftable items and equipment for an experience unique to every player.
- Your choices matter. INSOMNIA offers an intricate, non-linear storyline with 'points of no return'. Navigate a system of thorny relations with characters and factions and make tough decisions that affect the game world. Each major problem can be solved using a variety of different (and sometimes unexpected) solutions.
- Strategic real-time combat. INSOMNIA features both close and ranged combat, as well as destroyable covers. Choose your gear wisely - every armor and weapon type in the game has its own tactical virtues and shortcomings.
- A rich universe. Experience the game's rich lore through retro-futuristic noir visuals with elements of dieselpunk. Witness man-made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark noir jazz soundtrack and echoes of a decaying civilization.
Dystopian World trailer
Official teaser trailer
Endorsements & Selected Articles
- "Insomnia looks beautiful, atmospheric, and the range of customization options for your avatar alone is stylistic - and downright cool"
- Chris Avellone (Fallout 2, Pillars of Eternity)
- "The setting hooked me instantly, and with plenty of skills to deploy, crafting options to tinker with, and a motley cast of characters to meet, I can't wait to play more"
- Mike Laidlaw (Dragon Age)
- "The team at the Studio Mono are working extra hard to convey a mood and detailed worlds with Insomnia and it shows. They are creating a rich world that I want to know more about"
- Brian Fargo (Fallout, Wasteland, Torment)
- "InSomnia Has Old-School RPG Style, Modern Graphics"
- Nathan Grayson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
HistoryDeveloper: Studio Mono
Studio MONO is an independent studio full of like-minded individuals from around the globe, united by the idea of creating a complex, layered RPG with unique game mechanics and a thoroughly thought-out, elaborate universe. As we work on INSOMNIA, we share ideas, learn from each other, overcome difficulties and obstacles, moving ever-closer to our goal.Publisher: HeroCraft
HeroCraft is an established developer and publisher of high-quality games for PC and mobile platforms, such as Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf. Today the company's portfolio comprises over 150 games from an array of genres. Headquartered in Kaliningrad, Russia, HeroCraft was founded in 2002 and employs over 100 staff in offices across Europe.